FASRI Roundtable: Proposed Standard on Revenue Recognition
Click here to view the video recording of this Roundtable
The first FASRI Roundtable for 2012 will cover the newly proposed standard on Revenue Recognition. FASB practice fellows Michael Breen (KPMG) and Heather Harris (General Electric) will lead the discussion. Michael is a senior manager at KPMG and Heather is an Assistant Controller in the Global Mergers and Acquisitions department at General Electric. Both Michael and Heather have been active in the Revenue Recognition project over the past several months and can provide answers to how the new proposal is likely to affect revenue recognition practices. Revenue recognition is one of the most fundamental issues in accounting and affects many of the topics that we teach and research. I anticipate the session will be informative and very worthwhile.
The Roundtable is scheduled at 4pm eastern time on Wednesday, January 18.
To participate in the Roundtable, please follow these instructions.
1) Go to http://intercall.webex.com anytime after 3:00 pm (New York time) on January 18.
2) Type in the following meeting number: 594 228 179 and click “Join Now”.
3) On the next page, fill in your name, email address, and the password “Fasri001” (case sensitive). Then click “Join”.
4) After joining the meeting, you will be prompted for your telephone number. Insert your telephone number and click the “Call Me” button. Your phone will ring, which you can use to hear and speak. Please remember to put yourself on mute when you are not speaking (can be done by clicking the mic next to your name).
5) If you experience trouble with the call-back feature, you can dial in yourself using the following numbers: 866-478-6348 or 224-554-0243.