FASRI Roundtable: 2012 FASB/IASB Financial Reporting Issues Conference
On January 29, FASRI will host a Roundtable covering issues discussed at the 2012 FASB/IASB Financial Reporting Issues Conference. Professor Bob Lipe will lead a discussion on issues of control (both of assets and entities) and on derecognition of both assets and liabilities. In the conference, participants attempted to develop a consistent set of principles that standard setters might use in making asset and liability recognition and derecognition decisions. Also discussed were issues related to gross versus net presentation of items on financial statements. These issues are of significant interest to participants in the financial reporting process and relate to many of the major projects currently on the FASB’s and IASB’s agendas.
The Roundtable is scheduled at 4pm eastern time on Tuesday, January 29.
To participate in the Roundtable, please follow these instructions.
1) Go to http://intercall.webex.com anytime after 3:30 pm (New York time) on January 29.
2) Type in the following meeting number: 594-190-313 and click “Join Now”.
3) On the next page, fill in your name, email address, and the password “Fasri001” (case sensitive). Then click “Join”.
4) After joining the meeting, you will be prompted for your telephone number. Insert your telephone number and click the “Call Me” button. Your phone will ring, which you can use to hear and speak. Please remember to put yourself on mute when you are not speaking (can be done by clicking the mic next to your name).
5) If you experience trouble with the call-back feature, you can dial in yourself using the following numbers: 866-478-6348 or 224-554-0243.